Thursday 8 May 2014

Speaking is Having

One of the first times I stepped out in faith for provision, was when I was a student at High School.

I'd decided to show the movie, "The Cross and the Switchblade" at lunchtime. I still didn't have the movie, but I decided to stand up on Assembly in front of the whole school and invite everyone to come.

I knew it wouldn't be good if I did that, and then wasn't able to get the movie. But I dug-in in faith, and decided that I would the movie on time no matter what. And I acted my faith by speaking in front of the whole school.

That afternoon, I think it was, I got the train all the way to Brisbane city after school and was able to get the movie.

I showed it to the school over two successive lunch hours. Approximately 100 students turned up both days. Even the teacher in charge of the audio-visual room of the library was surprised so many people turned up.

At the end there was barely any time left before class was to start, but I gave a salvation altar call, and six students came forward, whom I led in prayer to accept Christ.

What we speak, we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment