Friday 2 May 2014

Mountain Creek - Megalong Valley


Mountain Creek, Megalong Valley - by Pat Godfrey - oil on board 50x40cm


I prayed for a painting. A few days later while driving past a certain shop, I felt led to drop in.

I sensed I would find a painting. And I sensed it would be in the back left section of the shop.

First I looked in the place where paintings are usually kept (which is in the middle left section of the shop). But I didn't see anything desirable.

I didn't imagine there'd be any paintings elsewhere in the shop, so I looked at books instead.

But I didn't find anything I really desired, so I thought of leaving the shop. But I thought I wouldn't have felt led to the shop for nothing.

So I went towards the back left section of the shop - and straightaway I saw a painting, and I knew straightaway it was what I was led to the shop for, and I liked it straightaway and desired to buy it.

In my heart the acquisition of this painting commemorates Diane's mission trip to Cambodia with Kersten and John Russell. 

I feel that the Lord gave this painting to me in return for a contribution I'd made towards Diane's trip.

Furthermore, when I got home I researched the artist, and discovered that the artist is a listed artist.

God is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment