Saturday 10 May 2014

Makes Your Day Easier

One morning I was thinking about whether or not I should go to Mapleton to attend a friend's mother's funeral. While I thought about it I saw a vision of a small trickling stream.

In those days I didn't have my own car, because I was away a lot - so when I was at home my dad was so kind to let me use his car. But on this occasion I felt in my spirit that I was not to drive the car, but was to ride the train.

Right at the end of the funeral I saw a small trickling stream, just like what I'd been shown in my spirit at home. This let me know that my steps had been ordered by the Lord.

Soon after I got home, I was informed that dad's car had broken down. Had I attempted to drive it to Mapleton instead of taking the train, it might have broken down further away from home, or on the highway - or I might even have been blamed for the breakdown.

Being led by the Spirit is designed to make our days easier, even if at first it seems to add to our inconvenience.

Seeing the small trickling stream also let me know that when God shows me something, it doesn't always mean I'm meant to strive to make it come to pass. It doesn't even mean I'm always meant to understand it straightaway. Rather, God brings it to pass Himself, even without our understanding and manipulation. Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment